Here is a list of unrealistic and realistic expectations in a relationship. Which ones can you relate to?
- He/She will make me happy.
- I expect my partner to change after we get married.
- I expect my partner to not change after we get married.
- I expect my partner to have ESP.
- Now that we are married, our relationship will last forever.
- Relationships are work
- Both parties are responsible for the success or failure of the relationship.
- Both people can change behaviors that are not working in a relationship if both people make the commitment to change.
- If the proper foundation has been set the relationship will thrive and grow.